Excelsior Springs Hospital’s Cardiopulmonary Care combines two specialized healthcare areas: the heart (cardiac) and the lungs (pulmonary). Our certified and registered therapists help doctors diagnose and treat a variety of heart and lung disorders for inpatients and outpatients.
We provide personalized, compassionate care while using technology to help you maintain or return to your maximum heart and lung health.
Diagnostic Care and Treatment for Your Heart
Using highly specialized testing, our Cardiopulmonary team will provide your doctor with accurate results quickly, so you receive the best course of treatment.
You may walk on a treadmill, take medication or receive an ultrasound (imaging). Testing includes:
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) to evaluate the electrical activity of your heart
- Holter Monitor that you wear to continuously record the electrical activity of your heart for 24-48 hours
- Stress Echocardiogram provides electrical images to check blood flow to your heart both before and after you exercise
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiogram combines an EKG and Echocardiogram with Dobutamine (medication that mimics effects of exercise)
- Nuclear Stress Test combines an EKG with exercise and myocardial imaging
- Lexiscan Nuclear Stress Test combines an EKG with Lexiscan (medication that mimics effects of exercise)
Diagnostic Care and Treatment for Your Lungs
Our trained Respiratory Therapists offer a range of diagnostic care and treatments to help you breath better fast. Such treatments include:
- Oxygen Administration
- Aerosolized Breathing Treatment
- Invasive or Non-invasive Mechanical Respiratory Support
To help diagnose lung disorders, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma, emphysema, and bronchitis, our team of healthcare professionals use the latest in diagnostic imaging and lab services including:
- Blood Gas Analysis measures the acidity (pH) and oxygen/carbon dioxide levels in your blood to check how well your lungs move oxygen into and carbon dioxide from your body’s circulation
- Pulmonary Function Tests evaluate how well your lungs hold, inhale and exhale air, and move oxygen into and remove carbon dioxide from your body’s circulation
- Exercise Oximetry checks the oxygen level of your blood at rest and as you exercise