Hospice Care provides palliative care in the final months of life. Non-hospice Palliative Care is available at any time during your illness, even while you are receiving treatment for recovery.
At Excelsior Springs Hospital, our Palliative Care team will help manage your condition and treatments to provide:
• Ability to tolerate medications
• Strength for your everyday activities
• Symptom relief including pain, shortness of breath, fatigue, constipation, nausea, loss of appetite, and sleep problems
• Understanding of your condition, and your choices for care and treatment
Quality Palliative Care, Close to Home
Our Palliative Care team will work closely with you and your doctor to make sure that you receive:
• 24/7 access to quality care and support
• Communication about your illness and treatment
• Coordination of your care among all of your healthcare providers
• Emotional support for you and your family
• Expert treatment of your pain and symptoms
• Referral and coordination of home care and hospice services
Begin Palliative Care Early
Palliative Care does not depend upon your prognosis so begin the program early for the best outcome. Pain and other symptoms affect your quality of life, and the stress associated with that can impact your family. We can care for you, and help you and your family manage any challenges ahead.
Most insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid, cover palliative care services. You may be required to be homebound in order to receive palliative home care under some insurance plans.