Excelsior Springs Hospital provides fast, quality emergency care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our team of doctors, nurses and support staff are trained and equipped to treat your injuries or illnesses close to home.
If a higher level of care is needed, we have both ambulance and air ambulance capabilities to transfer you once you are stabilized.
Emergency Services & Features
• Emergency Services 24/7 with short wait times
• Doctors certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Advanced Trauma
Life Support (ATLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
• Onsite Lab and Radiology Services for convenient testing and rapid results
• Newly renovated, comfortable waiting area and treatment rooms
When to Come
Don’t wait. Come to the ER if you or someone you know is experiencing a medical emergency, such as:
• Chest pain or stroke symptoms
• Difficulty breathing
• Serious injuries or burns
• Broken bones
• Knife or gun wound
• Uncontrolled bleeding
• Face or eye trauma
What to Bring
• An accurate list of your medications, including the dosing information
• A list of medication allergies
• A responsible adult to drive you home in case you’re medicated during treatment
• A copy of any medical test results or reports if you’ve had testing or radiology
studies performed at another facility recently
• Be sure to inform the staff of your primary care physician and any other providers
who should receive reports from your ER visit.
After Being Treated
• Read and retain your discharge instructions. This document provides important
information about your follow-up care.
• Always talk with your primary care provider or follow-up physician after your ER visit.
Some test results will not be available for review during your ER visit. These results
should be reviewed with your primary care provider later.
• If you have any questions or concerns regarding your care, make sure to discuss
these with your ER physician prior to discharge. You should leave with a
clear care plan.